I am a trained and experienced psychotherapist, having done my training through the Centre for Training in Psychotherapy (CTP). In addition, I am a registered social worker (RSW), and a member of the Canadian Association for Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (CAPT).
My background includes over 35 years experience in the area of mental health.
- I currently work psychotherapeutically with adults, families, and teens.
- I have provided crisis assessment and management of adolescents.
- I have17 years of experience working in a child and family centre in a major family services agency in Toronto.
- For 8 years, I co-facilitated Meditation for Health groups (mindfulness-based stress reduction).
- I spent 11 years as a foster parent with the Children’s Aid Society
I am married and a foster parent of an 18 year old. Over the years, I have worked with many children dealing with trauma, attachment and behavioural issues, as well as other significant challenges in their young lives. Through the experience of fostering, I have come to appreciate the powerful impact of early life neglect, abuse and trauma as it shows itself in the children I have had in my care, and often in the parents themselves.